Logo

About Us

Our History

 

February 12, 1889

 

Founding Directors:
H. C. Freshour, J. A. Jolly, A. G. Berry, J. M. Ferguson, J. S. Akers, Jacob Leicht, and W. H. Hunter were elected as directors of the Home and Savings Fund Association on February 11,1889, by the share holders.  H. C. Freshour was elected as the first president.

 

This is from the original ledger and was the beginning of Home Federal which was later chartered as a Federal Savings and Loan Association.   Over the years the business grew and the office moved from its 15th street location in 1956 to a permanent home at 1500 Carter Avenue, Ashland, Ky where a new office building was constructed in 2007.

Home Federal
15th Street location.
Note the former church building in the right background which later
became the site for the 1956 construction of the new office.

Home Federal

This office was remodeled in 1981.

Home Federal

The remodeled and expanded 1500 Carter Avenue office.

Home Federal

The newly completed Ashland office
at 1500 Carter Avenue, Ashland, KY, in 2007.

 

As Home Federal has grown, expansion into area markets has continued beginning with the Flatwoods office in 1969, the South Shore office in 1979, the Louisa office in 1983, the Summit office in 1993 and the Greenup office in 2008.

 

Return to Top